HLB Ijaz Tabussum & Company is a partnership firm registered under Institute of Chartered Accountants Ordinance, 1961. The Firm can trace back its roots to the 1970’s, when Mr. Mohammad Aslam Tabussum – FCA (England & Wales) started his practice in Lahore. The outlines of the firm, HLB Ijaz Tabussum & Company were drawn by Mr. Ijaz Akber – FCA when he joined and managed to develop the national network and an international identity of the Firm. With a new vision, the firm has secured phenomenal growth and in a short span of time it has accomplished following landmarks:
• It is a member firm of HLB International Limited, a global network of professional accounting firms and business advisors, which is one of the recognized accounting networks in the forum of firms as declared by IFAC in the world, with 1,700 partners and 14,000 staff members, having representation in more than 110 countries around the world.
• HLB International is one of the 25 Accounting Networks recognized as full member firms of “Forum of Firms” by International Federation of Accountants (IFAC). Forum of firms, setup by the IFAC to set the highest quality standards for the profession, is committed to deliver consistent and high quality standards in financial reporting and auditing practices worldwide.
• United States Agency for International Development (USAID) has included the firm’s name in the list of firms on their panel. The USAID & HLBITC has successfully conducted a Blanket Purchase Agreement for a total amount not exceeding US $ 1,000,000 within a period of three years. Scope of work under this agreement included
o Pre-award Surveys/ Assessments,
o Host Country Contracting Capabilities Assessments,
o Financial Reviews,
o Attestation Engagements,
o Policies and Procedure Development,
o Control Environment & Risk Assessment,
o Development of Training Material and
o Assist GOP entities in Preparing Government of Pakistan Planning Commission documentation (PC-1) and with related approval processes.
o Assist USAID in the identification and/or hiring of Professionals for USAID supported projects and programs
o Setup program management units
o Provide training to USAID identified individuals and entities
o Other financial support services as appropriate.
• Our senior partner Mr. Ijaz Akber-FCA has worked as the Financial Management and System Specialist for United Nations Office for Project Services. UNOPs is working as Local Fund Agent for The Global Fund to monitor the grant awarded to the Principal Recipients in Pakistan.
• The firm is registered on the distinct “Panel of Auditors” of the State Bank of Pakistan.
• Securities & Exchange Commission of Pakistan has included the firm’s name who are eligible to provide audit services to listed companies;
• The Institute of Chartered Accountants of Pakistan has awarded “satisfactory quality control review rating” to the firm and thus it is eligible to audit the listed companies.
• Federal Board of Revenue has included our name in the list of approved firms for audit of refund cases and conduct the audit under section 32 A of Sales Tax Act; 1990.
• Karachi Stock Exchange, Islamabad Stock Exchange and Lahore Stock Exchange has included the firm’s name in the list of firm’s eligible to provide system audit services to its members;
• The firm is registered with Public Company Accounting Oversight Body (PCAOB) USA.
• Trade Development Authority of Pakistan (ex-Export Promotion Bureau, Government of Pakistan) has included the firm’s name in the list of firms eligible to provide performance audit and conduct feasibility studies for institutes funded by Export Development Fund, Export Promotion Bureau.
• European Union – Pakistan has also included the Firm’s name on its panel of consultants;
• Japan International Co-operation Organizations (JICA) has also included the Firm’s name on its panel of consultants;
• Privatization Commission, Government of Pakistan has included the Firm’s name on its approved panel of consultants.
• The firm’s office in Islamabad has been declared as an Authorized Training Organisation of ICAEW.
• Association of Chartered Certified Accountant (ACCA) Approved Employer Trainee Development – Status “Gold”, In recognition of the support provided by ACCA students and affiliates who are training towards an ACCA Professional Scheme.
The firm is now a large and well-respected organisation with over 200 staff members, five partners and four offices (3 offices in Pakistan and 1 in Afghanistan). Its experienced partners are assisted by a strong team of committed staff members, a high proportion of having professional qualifications from the UK and Pakistan. Given our commitment to training and teamwork, we are confident that the number of professionally qualified staff will continue to rise.
Our organisation, in which accountants, tax advisers, lawyers, income tax experts and management consultants work closely together, is large enough to provide the optimum advice, yet small enough to ensure personal attention. The knowledge and expertise of our partners and senior staff enable us to bring depth of knowledge and professionalism to fulfill client needs ranging from assistance on small, specific projects to our involvement in major, long-term negotiations and consultancy, thus providing a full spectrum of quality services to all our clients.
We, at HLB Ijaz Tabussum & Co., believe that personal service and the development of long-term relationship is the key to successfully understanding clients’ problems and finding their solutions. The firm has prospered by offering clients comprehensive financial services and personal attention and thus has also passed the benefit to the Clients in form of their reduced administrative costs and efforts. To ensure quality service, open communication and personal attention, our dedicated staff members always have overall management responsibility for each client matter. We also strive to develop close working relationship with our clients’ accounting, banking, investment and insurance professionals. By remaining current with the business trends of our clients’ various enterprises, we are able to establish mutual confidence and respect.